Lizard pose or utthan pristhasana in yoga is ideal for these with tight hips. So, discover ways to carry out the lizard pose.
Lizard pose is a yoga pose all about flexibility and energy. This yoga asana, which helps to stretch and open the hip space, can also be known as Utthan Pristhasana.
What’s lizard pose?
Lizard pose is a yoga pose that opens up your hips. In Sanskrit, ‘utthan’ means to stretch out and ‘pristha’ means again of the physique. Lizard pose is an intense hip-opener and may be practiced with modified variations. This pose helps to open up the physique’s potential by strengthening the hips, shoulders, arms and core, shares yoga coach Nisha Dhawan.
This pose, like most different yoga asanas, goes past its bodily well being advantages, and provides psychological well being benefits together with easing pressure, decreasing stress and serving to to focus on your wellness.
What are the advantages of the lizard pose?
Lizard pose improves muscular tone, flexibility, and total well-being by focusing on a number of elements of the physique. Listed here are some well being advantages of lizard pose, as defined by Nisha Dhawan.
1. Tightens your muscle mass
A every day observe of this asana stretches the muscle mass positioned on the buttocks. By strengthening and fortifying your glute muscle mass, this posture tones them up. This muscle helps your physique when you stroll, run, arise straight, and stretch your thigh. Because of this, this train offers an exquisite stretch for total firming.
2. Relaxes your thoughts
It relaxes your tense muscle mass and offers you with a deep stretch within the decrease stomach. By concentrating on the physique’s bodily steadiness, consciousness is raised in each the thoughts and the physique. Intense respiratory additionally causes your blood to surge with vitality, because it regenerates your blood cells, which in the end ends in psychological renewal.
3. Enhances the hip muscle mass
Your hip muscle mass have to be totally stretched for the lizard pose, which will increase hip flexibility. Flexibility aids in enhancing steadiness, which helps in relieving hip muscle stiffness and tightness.
4. Burns stomach fats
This pose stretches deeply, which tightens the muscle mass in your stomach. It will be simpler the longer you held it. By reducing the surplus fats surrounding the decrease stomach, this place tones your tummy by tightening your core muscle mass.
5. Prompts the reproductive organs
This pose can also be really helpful to folks having signs associated to reproductive well being, because the pose promotes activation of the pelvic area and decrease stomach.
Learn how to do lizard pose?
• Begin within the downward-facing canine pose and inhale
• Exhale as you step your proper foot to the skin of your proper hand. Your proper knee must be at a 90-degree angle and stacked above your ankle and your toes ought to level out to 45 levels
• Inhale as you deliver your elbows to the ground and forearms flat in your mat and unfold your palms on the ground
• Hold the pinnacle in a impartial and relaxed place
• Exhale and press into your left heel to maintain your left leg energetic, as it will guarantee your hips don’t sag in the direction of the ground
• Keep for 5 deep breaths (inhale and exhale)
• Whenever you’re able to launch the pose, exhale and straighten your arms so your wrists are below your shoulders
• Inhale, step again to downward-facing canine pose and keep in that pose for a number of breaths.
Repeat the steps beginning along with your left leg ahead to make sure the pose is carried out equally on each side.
“Lizard pose is an intermediate to superior stage pose. Whereas lizard pose can present a deep stretch, you have to work as much as this stage of observe to keep away from pressure,” says the yoga knowledgeable. When you have significantly tight hips, it may be amongst essentially the most uncomfortable and downright intimidating of all asanas. It might take time and constant observe for flexibility in your hips to enhance.
Since it’s a deep hip-opener, you need to guarantee that you’ve practiced some primary hip-opening asanas like lunges and pigeon pose earlier than trying the lizard pose. Extra importantly, you need to get permission from their yoga teacher or physician earlier than attempting this yoga pose.